Pacific Poker is blowing its competition right out of the waters. With all the new poker features. Players now have complete control of their gaming environment! Change your table views, play with or without 3d avatars and experience poker games like never before. 888.com never rests with loads and loads to offer. If you are looking for a more social place to be, join 888.coms' online bingo lobby and meet people from all across the globe. Treat yourself to bingo and get £10 free and no deposit is required! Join now and even get up to 150% welcome bonus!

Monday, May 28, 2007

Playing Mid to Low Pocket Pairs


Many players have trouble playing mid to low pocket pairs and aren't quite sure how to play them. When deciding how to play them you always have to look at your position at the table, and how many players are at the table. Pocket sevens through nines I would consider to be middle pairs while sixes and below are small pairs.

At a full table in early position I would consider raising with nines and eights while probably just calling with sevens. In middle position I'd most likely raise with all of them. If another player raised I would simply call. In late position I would definitely raise if there were no previous raises. If there was a raise before it was my turn to act in late position I would call. When there's a raise and a re-raise preflop folding would most likely be the best play.

The low pocket pairs are a little trickier. With sixes or below at a full table I would fold most of the time from early position with fours and under while limping in with fives and sixes. From middle position I would just limp, and from late position I would mix up limping and raising. If I'm in late position with 2 or less players in the hand I'd probably raise. When someone raises before the it's your turn you should fold most of the time unless you can play for a cheap price and maybe only 1 or 2 others are in the hand.

No comments: